Wednesday, August 10, 2011

These things wouldn't bother me

    The more time I spend looking around this town, it just seems like all annoying pretentious things I hated about L.A. condensed into a smaller city.  The constant blabber from people about how they are vegan, or vegetarian.  The way everyone around here is some kind of musician or artist.  People seem to talk about how this is a cultural hub for Texas, it is like one giant culture of people that sit around coffee shops talking about how lame it is to own a gas powered car, then they pull away in a car that get 12 mpg.  Han didn't have to deal wit this shit. Hanging out in wretched hives of scum and villainy, shooting the guys that pissed you off there wouldn't get you arrested it would just get a few glances from the bar.  It might even boost your credibility.  
    I stop and ask myself how many ugly burn orange cars are in this town and the I remember that UT is here.  It is the same reason that all these people here look like they just got out of high school, because some of them did.   And the 30-40 year old ones that still look like that just seem pathetic.  Han had it better, if the people weren't offering money to have him take them places or their stuff places in his rust bucket freighter. He could just hang out and drink Corellian ale and work on his ship.  I mean no one is offering me money to take them places, in my shitty little Civic, she may not like like much but she's got it where it counts.  Close to 40mpg.  I made a liquor store run in less than 2 miles.  She's efficient enough for you old hippie.  I suppose I could work on my car and get the A/C fixed.   I mean if you look at it. I am already at Lando's, TR did sell me the car fair and square, I could be like, "I'm here for repairs", and TR could say, "What have you done to my car?"
   Back to Han having women falling over at this feet.  I should try and avoid getting anywhere near that dating sight I singed up for after rum.  I think I probably pissed off or annoyed 3 ladies last night.  It was at that point I realized how pathetic I must seem.  Unemployed, buzzed on a Tuesday, and trying to find a date over the internet.  Han never had that problem, it was never Tuesday in a galaxy far far away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment