Friday, August 17, 2012

More Exciting things than this would happen.

Stock Photo not actual snake in House
   Typical Friday morning, I woke up took a shower, made some coffee, ate a bowl of cereal.   Tried to win a few Battle Ground matches in WoW. (Yeah I still play it.)  When suddenly out of the hallway it hear "Eww, Ian! come here quick! There is a snake in here. In front of my room!"  Well I was losing this BG anyway might as well go investigate what Wendy's mom sounded so worried about.  Sure enough there was a small snake laying quit lethargic looking on the carpet.  It was about 8 to 10 inches long.  Not what I would consider a big snake.
Now with snake grabbing action!
 I later identified it as a Bull snake, which can be as big as 8ft long.  So this was a baby.  I could tell already by the shape of it's head and coloring it wasn't venomous so I wasn't worried about it.  I asked Teresa to get me a stick or something I can use to grab it.  I had all intention of simply pinning it down and picking it up, but she came back with that As seen on TV gopher grabber thing. 
     Olist was very interested in the snake she walked up and sniffed it and then batted at it,  it moved a little but didn't really run off for me to have to chase it.  I was glad I didn't have to pick the snake up by hand. Not because I was scared of the snake, more because, when a snake is frightened, it's going to shit all over you and I didn't want that smell on my hands all day. So after shewing Olist away from trying to "play/kill" the little guy.  I picked him up and carried him outside.  Olist followed me like I was about to give her a treat. Which didn't make the snake very comfortable with its situation.  
The Courageous Hunter
It ended with out much any incident, nothing was injured except maybe Olit's play time, or the snakes sense of dominance over it's domain.  I headed to work, now telling Wendy is going to be the fun part.  All in all I'd rather be making the Kessel Run. You like me because I'm a scoundrel.
   - Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment