Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'd stay in shape running for my life.

     I decided to start running on the treadmill that Wendy bought.  I tried it out the first day, it took almost an hour to walk a mile.  I didn't mess with it for a week, last night thanks to the dropping of the Diablo 3 servers, I decided to kill some time by running on the treadmill.  I think the treadmill is trying to get me to work out way over my current ability.  I hit the "Set Goal" button and picked distance.  I was planning running a mile until I could that that mile down to a 5 minute mile.  Or around there if it is possible.  But when I hit the "Set Goal" button the treadmill was like "Ok, you are going to do 3 miles in 30 minutes at 6 miles per hour GO!"  I was like whoa whoa! hold on, what the fuck am I a 3 year old with unlimited energy?  I had to dial it back to just 1 mile, I couldn't set it to 1.5 miles so I could have a cool down walk after the mile was over.  I am sure that if I tried to set the thing to .5 miles the machine would just laugh at me.   Cocky machine don't make me go all Sarah Conner on you.   I kept the 6 mile an hour pace, I figured I could keep that up for a little bit.  I managed to get to .3 miles before I had to slow down.  I don't think I'm in as bad as shape as I was before I started working at Trion, since I have been playing dodge ball on break for the past few months.  I am running in bear feet, which Wendy says is weird.  Maybe I should wear shoes but I feel more comfortable on bear feet than anything at the moment.  Maybe I'll change my mind once I trip and rip my toe off.  Until then I'll just keep up with what I am comfortable with.  So now I am going to try and keep myself motivated by the simple little thing that Day 9 from Day9tv said on a recent cast of his show.  "I'm not here because I'm better or more knowledgeable than any of you out there,  I got here because I just showed up."  So from now on I'm just going to show up on that treadmill every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment